Saturday, December 8, 2012

Letter A Lunches for Kindergarten


For the week that my daughter's kindergarten class focused on the letter A, she wanted lunches featuring things that began with the letter A. On Tuesday, she took an Ant lunch in our blue Sassy box. She had a small ant peanut butter sandwich with six legs (They have learned in class that insects have six legs and that is a detail my daughter wanted to include.). The ant was on top of a red checkered tablecloth peanut butter sandwich with ant spelled below in picks. She also had Cheez-Its, pretzels, tomatoes, cucumber slices, carrots, apple slices, and ants on logs.

For Wednesday, she wanted an Apple lunch. And, she specifically wanted Andy the apple to match the Alpha Friends Chart her school uses. So, in our pick Sassy box, I packed an apple-shaped peanut butter sandwich with Andy spelled in picks. There was also a gummy worm crawling around the apple and a few pretzel Goldfish. The right side of the box held blueberries and raspberries, the letter A cut in cheddar cheese, cucumber slices, celery, sugar snap peas, carrots, and tomatoes on leaf picks to look like apples.



For Thursday, I had trouble thinking of something beginning with the letter A that would interest my daughter and be feasible with the supplies I had on hand. Finally, I remembered that I had a airplane cookie cutter. So, I made an Airplane peanut butter sandwich and let it fly in the blue sky of my Lock&Lock box. The clouds were made of cheddar cheese and I included Better Cheddars in an orange silicone cup to make the sun. The "yard" below included carrots, sugar snap peas, blueberries and grapes on picks, cucumber flowers on picks, and tomatoes on flower picks. The blue container held sunflower seeds. I liked the way this lunch turned out and my daughter ate most of it too.



If you are wondering about Monday and Friday of this week, you can see the Ax lunch she took on Monday here and the field trip lunch she had on Friday here.

1 comment: