Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tenth Day of Kindergarten: Lunch and Snack


The tenth day was designated as white day and was also the day for learning the letter I. So in our white panda box, I packed a peanut butter sandwich decorated to look like an ice cream cone. The cone was made of a triangle piece of sandwich and I covered it with a piece of waffle cone crisp cut to fit. The "ice cream" was decorated with sprinkles and I used a small amount of margarine to stick those to the bread. Pretzel rods were placed on each side of the ice cream cone to hold it in place. The other tier of the panda box held raspberries with a panda pick, sunflower seeds in the mini panda box, cherry tomatoes, space themed Goldfish, and a letter I cut out of cheddar cheese. Most everything was eaten, so I think this was a hit.


I selected white foods for snack since it was white day. She had three white butter mints, a white star shaped marshmallow, some frosted little Mini Wheats, and some plain popcorn. My daughter had requested some white chocolate covered pretzels for this snack, but the few white chocolate chips we had on hand scorched in the microwave as I tried to melt them. She didn't seem to mind at all that the pretzels didn't make it into the box and happily reported that she ate all of her white snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment